Monday, August 17, 2009

1 year anniversary almost

I had the atlas proceedure done in September 2008 and here it is the end of August 2009 so it can be rounded off into a year.

I remain convinced that the atlas profilax treatment is a no brainer. I believe that it was the catalyst that has resulted in my increase of energy, ease of movement, increased range of motion and all of this without the debilitating pain in my joints and muscles. Don't get me wrong there is still residual feeling at times in all the old places and I imagine at my age for the rest of my life. But I can run and jump, work and play without the sharp pains that say stop, lay down and die.

I took up a new hobby that reflects my new found health. at 58, ok I'll be 59 next saturday the 22nd, I've taken up Judo. So I literally run and jump. The first time I did a forward roll I got up a bit dizzy, but now I can do them with the kids. Falling backwards on purpose felt so alien at first, now they are easy. I know that practice makes perfect but to do it without pain that's the trick. My body needs to do something physical like this. It craves full body activity and I haven't been able to provide it for my body because it has been hurting so much over the past 20 years. It literally feels like I've gotten 20 years younger.

I believe that I can now go into my next 20 years acting and feeling like a kid, playing with my grandchildren and before you know it great grandchildren. That has been my goal forever but now I can easily visualize it happening.

ps I just went back to the first post and the exact year anniversary is September 7th. So it's still 3 weeks away.

ppss The last post before this new one was from Melissa. She's our adopted daughter and I thought you should know that she's about 25, I think. It's the guy thing not remembering ages and birthdates. I love the way the muscles respond after having the atlas put in place. She complained to me about 4 weeks ago about her wrist and forearm hurting because of her job. She described it as a constant throbbing carpal tunnel pain. I massaged her wrist a little but then just thinking out loud, I told her that the source of the pain is probably up her in your elbow, I held onto a muscle there and she said that the pain in her wrist stopped instantly. I had hit the source. So I spent the next 10 min working that area.

I talked to her the next week and the pain had not returned. I talked to her just a couple days ago and it still has not returned. I'm naive enough to believe that without the atlas profilax the pain would have returned the next day and it would need constant attention.

No comments: